After a baptism of fire into the world of mountain biking - basically launching myself into firstly cross country and then enduro racing for several years - I have discovered that sharing my knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for the sport gives me a bigger buzz than racing ever did.
I raced at regional, national and international level - competed in the world cup cross country in Fort William, Enduro World Series in Peebles, won Scottish and British national series titles... I was then injured, diagnosed with asthma and generally lost the love of mtb for a while. A charity bike ride through the rift valley in Kenya rekindled my enthusiasm and kick started my fitness, followed by a holiday to the Alps – I suddenly found mountain biking fun! In the last few years I have realised that having adventures, riding new trails, exploring new places with fellow mountain bikers makes me happy – so I set about getting my coaching and guiding qualifications (below), gained experience working with other coaches and guides – and launched TrailSkills.
- British Cycling Level 2 cycle Coach and Mountain Bike Coach
- British Cycling Level 3 mountain bike leader
- PVG cleared for working with children and young adults
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop with Sports Coach UK, Sportscotland completed
- Outdoor First Aid certificate