About me - Coaching and guiding by Liz Peacock
I came into mountain biking relatively late and found myself cross country racing for several years, at regional, national and international level. I was then injured, diagnosed with asthma and generally lost the love of mtb for a while.
A charity bike ride through the rift valley in Kenya rekindled my enthusiasm and kick started my fitness, followed by a holiday to the Alps – I suddenly found mountain biking fun! I dabbled in enduro racing for a time, but in the last couple of years I have realised that having adventures, sharing my passion for biking and helping others develop gives me a bigger buzz than racing ever did – so I set about getting my qualifications (below), gained experience working with other coaches and guides – and launched TrailSkills.
- British Cycling Level 2 Coach
- British Cycling Level 2 Mountain Bike Coach
- British Cycling Level 2 mountain bike leader
- PVG cleared for working with children and young adults.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop with Sports Coach UK, Sportscotland completed.
- Outdoor First Aid certificate